Thursday, August 7, 2008

What is true Wealth?

What is true Wealth?

It's certainly not money!

If you ask any one on the street, What is wealth, they would say having money; a few years ago, I would have said the same thing, but I have come to realize that that word is much bigger than having money!

Growing up in a single parent household with five kids, me being the oldest was very tough. We lived in old delapaded homes, purchased our school cloths from the goodwill and picked up government cheeze every month on the first and fifteenth. I never knew what it meant to have something of my own, I shared everything.
I grew up wanting to be RICH!

At the age of eleven, I had come to the conclusion that money was the answer to all problems. It would bring happiness; it would bring friends; it would bring respect and it would bring things, something I had very little of!

Having come to maturity (and I'm not talking about age perse), I have come to a new conclusion. I don't want to be rich any more; having had riches, it brought none of those things I thought would come. Let me take that back, it brought those things, but I found they were all fleeting.
Happiness was based on situation; if something good happened, I was happy, if something bad happened I was sad, so it never stayed around. It brought friends, but they were conditional; as long as there was money they were around, when the money was gone, so were they. It brought respect; again, as long as the money was there, I was respected, but when the money, was gone, there went the respect. It brought things, a lot of things, but things wear out and then you have to replace those things with more things. I found myself empty!

But then I found WEALTH!

Actually Wealth was always there. Wealth is something that you have, but it is often times overlooked. That was the case for me. I've always been wealthly, even when I was a little girl and thought I was poor.

You see wealth, was my loving mother, who scarficed her life to raise me, my three sisters and my brother. Wealth was the love she gave us as she put everything she had in the refrigerator together to made a meal she call "Goolosh". Wealth, was having my sisters and brother to grow up with, I wasn't alone.

Today wealth is my faithful husband of twenty-five years, my four children and my eleven grandchildren. Wealth is my love for God and His love for me. Wealth is my wonderful friends that understand me and except me just the way I am. Wealth is the fact that I have lived forty-nine healthy years on this earth and I still have the activity of my limbs and I have my RIGHT mind.

If I lose all my riches I will always be a WEALTHY WOMAN!

THANK YOU FATHER!

No comments: